4 Mayıs 2010 Salı

A Better World is Possible for All!

Researching the pharmaceutical needs of non-sighted patients in my PhD thesis has given me an opportunity to explore a totally unknown world for me: the world of blindness.

The information I gained here was completely different from my previous assumptions. Blindness is not as dark as most of us imagine; it does not mean the end of life, and it is neither the result of a previous sin nor having an extraordinary talent.

Being blind is simply being unable to see, nothing more than this, and the major problem is derived not from the blind themselves but generally the sighted people’s wrong attitudes. This includes prejudice, misunderstanding and probably subconscious reluctance to help establish a more egalitarian environment and opportunities for those somehow different from what we are used to.

After communicating with hundreds of visually impaired people all around Turkey, I realized my own misconceptions about blindness, and regret having gained my new perspective so late in my life. Hopefully I shall continue to improve my understanding of blindness with the constant support of my non-sighted friends.

I always love to hear from you, the visitor to this website, regardless of whether you are non-sighted or sighted. If you want to augment this humble effort towards increasing public awareness about blindness, please share your thoughts or ideas by simply sending an e-mail to haliltekiner@gmail.com.

I believe that a better world is possible for all, and this can be done with well-combined efforts.

Halil Tekiner
MSc Pharm, BSc
May 4, 2010, Kayseri

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder